Monday 9 July 2012

Fabric faced letters

My dear little cousin Marli is turning two on Thursday!  Marli was born at 27 weeks (way premmie) and had a lot of trouble early on as you can expect but she is doing so well, it's just incredible.  So for her Birthday I decided to make her something to brighten her bedroom.  It was really easy (and just a tad bit messy), all I did was brought some wooden letters from Spotlight (I practically live at that place;), traced the letters onto some cardboard (empty coco-pops box), cut them out.
Laid the cardboard letter face down onto the back side of the fabric and drew around it about 1cm wider then cut it out.  Spread fabric glue on the right side of the cardboard letter face and laid it down onto the fabric letter.
Now for the messy part....run glue on the edge of the back side of the letter and fold the fabric over.  I had to snip on all of the corners to help it fold neatly.
Then with the wooden letter I painted the sides with bright pink paint.
When all were dry, I hot glued the faces to the letters and was all done:)


Happy Birthday Marli, I hope this brightens your room x

3 comments:

  1. Pretty! I am sure they will be a hit. And no sewing either ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE what you've done with the wooden letters, Kristin!!! I looked at those letters last time I was in Spotlight and wondered what I could do with them... nothing creative came to mind so I left them there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first visit to your blog ! the Lovely wooden letters captured me :) It would be nice to see photos of them on the wall as well.

    ReplyDelete