So if your interested you'll need-
- 850g mixed dried fruit
- 3/4 cup glace' cherries
- 1/4 cup dried apricots (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup crystallised ginger (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup pitted dates (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 250g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbs treacle
- grated rind from 1 orange
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup s/r flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
2. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
I also made a quarter batch for extra little cakes.
Now I best get into gear and decorate these because I am quickly running out of time! One week today AGGGHH!
While my cakes were cooking I sat at my machine and started a few gifts for the Nannies. The are going to be 'The versatile book bag' bags from my Lisa Lam 'The bag making bible' made out of Amy Butler fabrics and some linen and canvas. Will show the finished products in my next post and perhaps my Christmas Cake if it turns out any good! ;)