Thursday 27 September 2012

A finish and some hexies

So I did say (not that long ago) that I was going to finish all of my half done projects prior to starting anything new....well I have finished one of my quilts!

It's finally finished!!!! I think I started this about a year ago.  It's the 'baby life' quilt by V and Co found at Moda Bake Shop as soon as I saw this quilt I knew I had to make one.  I spent countless hours searching online to find enough of 'Make Life by Sweetwater' fabric to make one.  You can't see but I quilted it in overlapping circles which took me forever with my poor Janome.  I am really happy with how it turned out although it had lots of cursing thrown its way during the applique and quilting stages:)


Now obviously my word will be mud because I have started another (oh the shame;)  At the moment I am in love with Hexies! Big, bright Hexies!

Yesterday I spent three hours cutting out 81 of these 6.5inch hexies (9 of each of the 9 different colours).  I have no idea how big this will be when I assemble it, I decided to throw caution to the wind and just wing it!  I used predominantly a fat quarter of each fabric and the plan is to machine piece them using this as my main reference.  I hope to finish this one a bit quicker than I did the 'baby life', but I won't hold my breath;)

#Linking up at 'from blank pages - a celebration of beginnings linky party'


Have a great rest of your week:)
Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the quilt! I have admired that one for a bit, it turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete