Wednesday 25 April 2012

I have sore fingers but I'm happy :)


I think its time to invest in a thimble, well that's what my fingers are telling me.  I have spent every spare minute for the past two days blind stitching (I think that's what we're calling it) my binding on to my Chevron Quilt and I AM DONE!!!! 


As I previously mentioned, this quilt was made using this tutorial, check it out, no triangles!


The back is a retro floral number in pale blue and the binding is navy blue which is very me.  I am such a blue girl, always have been.  I love my new quilt and can't wait to wash it and snuggle up on the couch with it during the long winter ahead : )
Kristin

6 comments:

  1. Wow it's gorgeous! I have never tried to sew a quilt - not sure if I have the patience. Maybe I'll start with a cot sized one :) Love the chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! It's stunning, Kristin!!! I LOVE it!!! Did you sew all the binding by hand? I don't think I'd have the patience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The retro back and the zig zag, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristin, I've featured your quilt today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/05/threading-your-way-features_13.html

    ReplyDelete