Sunday 26 February 2012

Building

Safe to say that I'm fairly excited!  Our new house will hopefully get started this week, feels like it has been a long time coming............. We purchased our land back in July last year, started the drafting of the house plans in early August and just now are we ready to go!  So for the next 3-4 months that it takes to complete our home, I will be posting a pic (or two) a day of the progress, don't worry if there's no change (like on weekends) I won't bother you with having to look at repetitions of the same photos:)  So here goes, the block as it is, right now
This is the house we are having built 
As you can see our home is to be built on a hill, which means nice view but big-arse retaining wall :(  Anyhoo I hope you enjoy watching along with us!

So onto craftynessness, you might remember this lovely fabric I picked up from the thrift store a couple of posts ago, I have started a project with it. 
 No It's not a lovely headband that I am sporting ;) It's the zig zag quilt without triangles by Amandajean from Crazy Mom Quilts.  I love the look of chevron quilts and this tutorial looked easy enough to follow for an amateur like me!



I'm hoping to have the quilt top finished by the end of my days off.  That's probably me being a tad bit optimistic, wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Building a house... EXCITING!!! Love the purples and mauves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on starting the house building process. I wish you all of the best in that HUGE endeavor! I am loving the fabric for your quilt. I am so in love with zig zags!

    ReplyDelete