Friday 5 April 2013

Little pin cushion swap

Oh my, I just received the cutest damn pin cushion I've ever seen.  Last month I signed up for the Little pin cushion swap over at Sweet Little Pretties.  My swap partner likes Gnomes, mushrooms and cute little cottages.  I chose to make her a screen printed gnome pin cushion.  It turned out like this
I had a little issue with screening on top of already screened fabric, it bled! not too bad but still not great.  You can see it mostly around his belt.  I made three panels in total and this one was the best.  I weighed the bottom down so as he didn't fall over when in use.  I hope my partner likes him.

Now I was super spoiled and received this little pin cushion from Ruth, you'll find her here dukeandtheduchess, love it, love it, LOVE IT!
Every detail is just lovely, even the card was gorgeous and the smell of Lavender as I stick my pins in is an added bonus. Thank you so very much Ruth.

Kristin

2 comments:

  1. I love them both!! That gnome is awesome :) I love how Ruth has embroidered your name into the leaf, just lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that little gnome. You did a great job. Both of these are so great!

    ReplyDelete